There are six continents, six large tracts of land immersed on planet Earth, which are limited by the oceans, seas, mountains and hills. Which ones are they? Check out:
Facts About 6 Continents
Africa: it has about 30,230,000 km² of territorial extension, distributed in 53 countries, with Nigeria being the most populous, according to Countryaah. It is the continent to which the great part of the malnourished population belongs and where the greatest social problems of today are presented. The HIV virus has its highest incidence on this continent. However, Africa has a great diversity of cultures and is home to the most beautiful natural landscapes.
List of countries in Africa:
America: it is divided into three major fundamental parts. They are: North America(23,651,000 km²), Central America (731,000 km²) and South America (17,833,000 km²). Thus, in total, America has 42,215,000 km² of territorial extension. It is made up of 35 countries and has a population of 934.3 million inhabitants. In North America there are high rates of human development, in countries like the United States and Canada, for example. South and Central America, on the other hand, are regions in which there are several socio-economic problems, such as high infant mortality rates.
List of countries in North and Central America:
List of countries in South America:
Antarctica: It is located almost entirely in the south of the Antarctic polar circle. It is the fourth largest continent in the world with 14,108,000 km² of extension. However, in winter, its size reaches almost double, due to the large volume of sea ice that forms around it.
Asia: it is the largest ( 482.000 km²) and most populous continent, with 4.1 billion inhabitants, which consists of approximately 60% of the world population. As a country that begins with letter J according to Trackaah, Japan, a country belonging to the Asian continent, is currently the owner of the most prosperous economies in the world.
List of countries in Asia:
Europe: 360.000 km² of territorial area distributed by 49 independent countries and 749.6 million inhabitants. Europe is home to some of the more developed countries that have one of the highest human development indices. However, it is the continent with the lowest population growth: 0.1% per year.
List of countries in Europe:
Oceania: It is also known as the Australian continent. It represents the smallest continental portion: 8,480,000 km² of territory, divided by 14 different nations, where 37.1 million people live. With the exception of Australia and New Zealand, Oceania exhibits several economic problems.
List of countries in Oceania:
But the answer to the question “how many continents are there on the globe?” it’s not that linear.
Not everyone agrees with the definition of “continent”, and different countries and cultural spheres around the globe choose different continental models:
- Four continents: According to this model, Europe, Africa and Asia should be a single continent – Eurafrásia. It is a model based on the “geological” definition of continent – that of an area of continuous land.
- Five continents (traditional model): Only permanently inhabited continents count here (excludes Antarctica). This model is depicted in the 5 rings of the Olympic Games.
- Five continents (variation): In this, Antarctica is considered a continent; but Europe and Asia together are just one – Eurasia.
- Six continents (traditional model): The six continents are the five of the traditional model, but include Antarctica. It is taught in Latin America and, in Europe, in some countries like Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece and Belgium.
- Six continents (geological model): It is connected to continental tectonic plates.
- Seven continents: Conventional model taught in most English-speaking countries and China. It divides America into North America (includes Central America) and South America. Oceania is commonly referred to as the Australian continent.
Each continent has different climatic, population, cultural and economic characteristics. Taken together, the 6 continents represent 29.1% of the surface of planet Earth.
There are 400 million years, there was only a single continent called Pangea. The current configuration of the Earth is due to the process of displacement of the Earth’s crust (movement of tectonic plates) and was established about 60 million years ago.
The 50 countries with the highest unemployment in the world
|7||American Samoa (Australia-Oceania)||31.00|
|8||Honduras (North America)||27.30|
|9||South Africa (Africa)||26.90|
|15||Paraguay (South America)||16.60|
|17||New Caledonia (Australia-Oceania)||15.10|
|20||Belize (North America)||12.90|
|21||Syria, Arab Republic (Asia)||12.80|
|25||Uruguay (South America)||11.80|
|26||Bahamas (North America)||11.60|
|28||Colombia (South America)||11.20|
|30||Venezuela (South America)||11.10|
|32||Jamaica (North America)||10.80|
|33||Argentina (South America)||10.40|
|35||Ecuador (South America)||10.20|
|41||Brazil (South America)||9.30|
|44||China, People’s Republic (Asia)||9.20|
|46||Panama (North America)||8.90|
|50||Suriname (South America)||8.50|
|The unemployment rate expresses the lack of paid employment opportunities for potential workers.|
- Germany Energy and Environment January 21, 2022 - Economy Germany is the fourth largest economy in the world and the first in Europe. The manufacturing industry and related services are the basis of the economy, although they do… Read more
- Chile History – Government of Pedro Opazo Letelier January 14, 2022 - With the resignation of Ibáñez, the president of the Senate, Pedro Opazo Letelier, came to power, who appointed radical Juan Esteban Montero as vice president, who ascended to the presidency after the election… Read more
- Denmark Population and Culture January 7, 2022 - Population. - The population has increased a lot since the last century. Official censuses take place every five years; the last known (November 1925) marks 3,434,555 residents (80 per sq.… Read more
- Palestine from 2000 to 2005 December 31, 2021 - Outbreak of the »second Intifada« and change of course in Israel (2000 to 2005): After the Israeli opposition leader A. Sharon (Likud), accompanied by 1,000 police officers, demonstratively visited the… Read more
- Travel to Corfu, Greece December 24, 2021 - Corfu Island belongs to the Ionian Islands group and is a popular worldwide holiday destination. It is a green island with a size of about 592 km², which has a… Read more
- A Costa Rica Travelogue December 17, 2021 - 14 days on the road in a 4x4 jeep In April 2017 our customer Gundi Bohn is going on the Pura Vida rental car tour in Costa Rica. Come across… Read more
- Sightseeing in Vietnam December 10, 2021 - Discover the fascinating country of Vietnam on a study trip. Cultural wealth, endless beaches, pulsating metropolises and lively handicraft villages will bring you unforgettable travel memories. During a round trip,… Read more
- Cities in Belarus December 3, 2021 - Minsk Blown by the breath of a new time Minsk, the interesting capital of Belarus, has recently opened the door more than a crack. Citizens of the European Union can… Read more
- Champagne and Les Crayères, France November 26, 2021 - Champagne and Les Crayères The Champagne is one of the particularly attractive and culturally and historically significant areas of France. In the diverse, sunny region in the north-east of the… Read more
- Peru Society November 19, 2021 - Ethnic composition Peru is a multiethnic nation formed by the combination of different groups over five centuries, currently a relative mestizo majority is observed. The indigenous populations inhabited the Peruvian… Read more