The low-fat yogurt is one of the yoghurts with better nutritional composition. So, let’s get to know him a little better.
The yogurt is a food which is obtained through the fermentation of milk.
Fermentation occurs through the action of the bacteria Lactobacillus bulgaricus and Streptococcus termophilus about the milk, which convert the milk sugar (lactose) into lactic acid.
The low-fat yogurt (or slim) is a variant of yogurt, which owes its name to the fact of having in its composition a fat content less than 0.3%.
The low-fat yogurt, as the name indicates, is a type of yogurt that in processing the milk was skimmed. For this reason, its nutritional composition is slightly different from the one we are normally accustomed to.
With regard to average values of a low-fat yogurt/thin (125g), the same feature in its composition:
- Energy value: 53 kcal
- Proteins: 5,8 g
- Lipid: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates (mostly sugars): 5,2 g
In general, these yogurts are a good source of proteins of high biological value, calcium, phosphorus and the B vitamins, mainly B2, vitamin A and D.
The highlight of this food when compared with other types is the fact that these present an energy value reduced and the fat is quasr null.
- The energy value may vary with the addition of other ingredients, such as cereals, jam, honey, chocolate, etc.;
- The protein in this yogurt, as well as the milk are of high biological value, that is, contain all the essential amino acids and in the proper proportions;
- The protein from yogurt is more easily digested than milk, due to the action – of the crops, milk and the heat treatment;
- The yoghurts, skimmed/slim have a smaller amount of fat;
- The yogurt has a quantity of lactose less than the milk as this is degraded during the fermentation process or by the enzyme lactase, which is produced by some bacteria involved in the production of yogurt.
Its benefits are identical to benefits of yogurt traditional, however, gives relevance to the fact that they have a amount of fat quite more reduced, which means that it can have positive consequences on cardiovascular health, for example.
WE SHOULD CONSUME LOW-FAT YOGURT?
This being a food of easy digestion, and which provides numerous nutrimentos, their inclusion in a healthy diet, balanced and varied to make sense.
This alternative in addition to being more healthy for our health, can be improved with fruits and so can a meal all the benefits of two foods essential to our daily diet.
This recipe is great for those who like to savor the natural taste of the fruit, in addition to being quite healthy.
For those who want to lose weight, this is a suggestion to consider, and also it is easy to prepare.
– Ingredients –
- 450 grams sleeve
- 250 grams natural yogurt skimmed
– Mode of preparation –
- Wash the mangoes, peel and cut to cubes.
- Put in a blender the mango along with the yogurt and whisk.
- When you are with a creamy texture and evenly distribute by cups and place in the refrigerator for about 4 hours.
- Serve well fresh.
Nancy’s Plain Low-Fat Yogurt from Safeway
¿Healthy¿ breakfast bars? You might as well eat a Hobnob …
Chobani Flip on Packaging of the World
The Mediterranean Diet: Is It For You?
Tips & Tricks: Flawless Abs
Danone launches Light & Free yoghurt range in UK
Baked Bhatura: Low Fat Indian Bread
Meat, Egg, and Dairy Alternatives
Why Should You Eat Curd for Weight Loss and How?- khoobsurati
The Cheese Trap: Fighting Diabetes with a Dairy-Free Diet …
10 Merk Yogurt untuk Diet yang Mudah Didapatkan
Creamy Tex-Mex Pasta Salad
Oriental Persimmons (Diospyros kaki) (continued)
How to Reduce High Uric Acid in Your Body
Healthy Sweet Potato & Black Bean Breakfast Burritos …
Yoplait Original Low Fat Yogurt – French Vanilla
What’s Good at Archer Farms?: Archer Farms Vanilla Low Fat …
Yoplait Original Low Fat Yogurt – Mountain Blueberry