According to toppharmacyschools.org, Montenegro was once part of Yugoslavia, and today it is a small country in the Balkans, which has become the center of various tourism. The richest architectural heritage of cities, the cleanest sea and beaches, as well as the sincere attitude towards guests from Russia – all this has made the country very popular among our compatriots.
In general, if Montenegro is on the list of your vacation plans, you will definitely remember your vacation here for many years.
Pros and cons of Montenegro
For many tourists, holidays in Montenegro are a unique opportunity to touch ancient sights, relax on sea beaches and visit unique Balkan museums. But these aspects of recreation also have their drawbacks.
- Russians can come to rest without a visa.
- The unique climate of the Adriatic and the cleanest sea in the region.
- The language barrier is minimal – the Montenegrin dialect is almost identical to the Serbian language, which, in turn, is very similar to Russian.
- Affordable prices for a Russian wallet for everything – from accommodation to souvenirs.
- A lot of architectural monuments from different eras.
- Most of the locals openly sympathize with Russia and Russians.
- A large number of Russians at any time of the year – many go to Europe “away from their own”, this will not work in Montenegro.
- Sometimes there is a huge difference in prices between tourist areas and neighboring quarters, you have to carefully choose where and what to buy.
- In recent years, the problem of cleanliness on the streets has often been raised. Local public utilities do not have time to clean up the garbage for tourists.
- The entertainment infrastructure of Montenegro is still far from the level of its European neighbors.
Frequently asked Questions
I heard that in Montenegro there is no central heating in houses, is it true? Is it worth going there in winter at all?
Yes it is. Montenegro is a fairly warm country. In all regions, the issue of heating is solved in three ways – oil heaters, climate stations or a fireplace. All three ways are quite comfortable, both for the Montenegrins themselves and for tourists. Therefore, guests do not have any problems even in the dead of winter.
What is the best way to travel around Montenegro on your own? Are there any problems with public transport, or is it better to rent a car right away?
If you do not have a clear travel plan, then it is better to rent a car right away, as buses run to some regions only a few times a week. Do not forget only that in order to receive the keys you must have a driving experience of two years or more.
Do I need compulsory health insurance to visit Montenegro?
No, since Montenegro is not one of the Schengen countries, tourists also draw up insurance at their discretion.
Are there many hotels in Montenegro suitable for families with children?
Almost every resort town has at least 4-5 hotels, which are positioned as family hotels. With such hotels it is possible to install a baby cot in the room, there are playrooms for babies, and with luxury hotels there are even children’s amusement parks.